Injured by a Dangerous Property Condition?

Your home is supposed to be a place for you and your family to feel safe and secure from harm. Unfortunately, some homes have dangers that are not easily seen, but can still cause significant harm. The use of lead in homes and commercial buildings can result in poisoning to the occupants of those properties, including children. The treatment for lead poisoning is extensive and costly, which makes it important to pursue a legal claim against those who are liable.

At Hendrickson & Edelstein, Attorneys at Law, in Lakewood and Barnegat, we vigorously pursue personal injury claims involving unsafe property and lead poisoning in Ocean County, Monmouth County and throughout New Jersey.

We understand the devastation that this poisoning can have on families. With more than 35 years of experience, each of our lawyers has the legal knowledge to effectively pursue maximum compensation to aid in the recovery process. Contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.

Older Homes Often Have Lead Paint and Other Unsafe Conditions

In many homes painted before 1970, builders used lead paint on roofs, windowsills, walls and ceilings. It is easy to test for lead in paint, but unfortunately, many property owners and landlords do not take the necessary steps to do so. Families move in without being aware of the problems. Parents and children wind up being screened — for children, it is often in preschool — and end up having very high levels of lead.

Given the ease that these problems could be avoided if property owners would take reasonable steps to ensure occupant safety, those owners should be held liable for their negligence by compensating victims for their medical costs and injuries.

Contact Hendrickson & Edelstein

For more information regarding unsafe property and lead poisoning in New Jersey homes and commercial buildings, contact Hendrickson & Edelstein, Attorneys at Law, and schedule a free consultation with our New Jersey lead poison attorneys. Call our office at 732-523-0829 or 609-435-3421.